Youth Card - What is it?
We are young, let’s make the most of it
The Youth Card can offer you multiple discounts and services, in the Community of Madrid as well as other autonomous Spanish communities and in more than 37 European countries. You can apply for it if you are between the ages of 14 and 30 and you are a resident in the Community of Madrid.
- Personal and non-transferrable.
- Valid until 31st birthday.
- Validated with existing Youth Cards of other autonomous communities and in European countries joined up to the programme through EYCA (Opens a new window) (European Youth Card Association).
- Comes with free travel assistance insurance. Consult policy here.
- Telephone number 0034 915 949 611
Search “Youth Card” or ask about the advantages of a Youth Card in more than 50,000 collaborating entities that are available to you and benefit from DISCOUNTS and ADVANTAGES in:
- Accommodation (youth hostels)
- Cultural activities
- Leisure centres
- Your purchases
- Cinemas and theatres
- Your favourite bars and restaurants
- Sports activities
If you aren’t a resident of the Community of Madrid, find out how you can apply for your European Youth Card in other autonomous communities (Opens a new window) or if you aren’t in Spain you can go straight to EYCA (Opens ina new window) (European Youth Card Association).
You can also get the financial version of the Youth Card and enjoy the advantages of the Youth Card as well as the functions of a bank card.
- Electronic Visa (Opens a new window. Spanish version.) (Debit) – The spending limit is the amount you have in your account.
- Classic Visa (Opens a new window. Spanish version.) (Credit) – Pay for your purchases as and when you want.
- Pre-Paid (Opens a new window. Spanish version.) - Manage your spending by only topping up the amount you want.
- If you already have a Youth Card and you’re already a client of imaginBank, you can get connected through the app.
We strive every day to be your reference point for leisure activities and advantages for young people. Nearly half a million members enjoy over a thousand offers specifically for card-holders between 14 and 31 years of age.
Thanks to many people, we have achieved:
WCAG · WAI AA. On our website we pay careful attention to the accessibility of the contents and other technologies in order to check their aptness in terms of fixed standards. The title we’ve been given certifies our compliance with international guidelines and current legislation, with regards to the accessibility of our content.
You can get more information at Madrid.org (Opens a new window. Spanish version.).
- EXCELLENCE AWARD 2015. The European Youth Card Association has awarded in Gothenburg (Sweden) the Community of Madrid Youth Card with the ‘Excellence Award 2015’, for its Excellence in youth mobility and active citizenship. This prize rewards the Youth Card’s contribution to the development and promotion of youth mobility against any protest or form of violence. The European Youth Card Association has very positively valued the social aspect of the Community of Madrid Youth Card, which has continued to develop with projects such as the 'Race against Violence'.
- HERCULES AWARD 2012. The Community of Madrid Youth Card received the ‘Hercules Award’ from EYCA (European Youth Card Association), for the quality of its advantages and discounts related to mobility. This prize was joined to the ‘Silver Hercules Award’, received the previous year, which acknowledged the dynamic design of its website, its presence in social media and its low cost.
- HERCULES AWARD 2011. The Community of Madrid Youth Card received the ‘Silver Hercules Award’ from EYCA (European Youth Card Association) for the dynamic design of its website and its presence on social media. This prize acknowledges the positive development of the Community of Madrid Youth Card, for contributing to the promotion of mobility, its information and participation, making culture, leisure, education, sport and other services available to youths in Madrid, on advantageous terms. You can get more information at Madrid.org (Opens a new window. Spanish version.).